Selena is now 18 months, which seems like a big milestone and I'm not sure why but I always get a little nervous at the milestone ages. But she is a really funny kid. She pretty much walks around making funny noises, and funny faces.
Things she likes:
- Playing "set go". "Set go" is great for anything, running, tickles, being tossed in the air, going down the slide, eating
- Going down the slide - We got her a new slide for the back yard and she loves to go down it and make Floyd and I go down it. She calls it "wheee"
- She loves to draw. She is really good too. She holds a pencil correctly and can make precise scribbles and draw circles.
- She likes reading the same books over and over
- Shoes, hats, bracelets, necklaces, trucks, airplanes, cars, balls,
Funny things she does:
- She has become particular about some things. For instance she will start crying if I let Floyd borrow my watch
- When she is watching football she will say "set go" when they are hiking the ball and then "go go go" while they are running and then pout/cry when they get tackled
Her vocabulary is increasing quickly and its funny when she "talks" about stuff. For instance today Floyd took her to the playground at the school and when she got home she kept saying "dada whee, dada whee" which means dada took me on the slide. :)
We have been experimenting with the potty. I think she understands that she is supposed to go poo poo, but doesn't quite get the pee pee.
I have night weaned her, basically because my milk supply has been lower and so she was waking up and instead of immediately falling back to sleep after nursing, she would stay up and suck on nothing, cry when I put her down, until an hour later when more milk came in, and then she would go back to sleep. We had some tears for one night, but that was it. She now sleeps for a longer stretch (7 or 8 hours), but after that long stretch she seems to wake up every hour or two until the morning. Whatever.