Monday, September 28, 2009

She Doesn't Stay Where I Put Her

Allie is 4 months old and is very proficient at rolling both tummy to back and back to tummy so if I put her down she doesn't stay in the same spot. She is starting to show an interest in everything --including food, but I'm making her wait for that. When something looks interesting she will reach out her hands and lunge for it, and if you give it to her she manipulates it in her hands and then tries to put it in her mouth. She loves to talk and is always saying a lot. I feel bad because I can't always stop and listen to what she has to say. She can sit up and stay balanced for a few seconds. She is tall and lean. She has grown out of most of her 6 month clothes and is into 9 month. It is weird because I am putting outfits on her that Selena wore when she was walking. I think she might be teething because she is very drooly and her favorite thing to do is gnaw on your hand. She loves her family and is always giving big smiles to everyone, and if you are lucky some giggles. She'll give you good giggles when playing peek-a-boo and if you tickle her armpits. She tolerates her sister holding her, cuddling her, dressing her (note the large shoes in the picture) and occasionally bopping her on the head pretty well.

She is pretty cuddly and she smells so good. She didn't really have the baby smell when she was a newborn, but now she does and it is so delicious. I love breathing in her baby breath and getting baby "kisses" all over my face. I call her babylicious. I'm sad that these baby moments are for such a short amount of time.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Our babies live very similar lives these days...except my toddler hasn't tried dressing up her brother. Yet.

It's amazing how fast these babies are growing up!!