Saturday, April 28, 2007

Update on Selena

Selena is 7 weeks old today and she is getting much bigger. She enjoys eating, sitting in her swing, getting her diaper changed, taking a bath, and being carried in a sling. She does not like riding in a car without someone in the back seat, lying on her back in her crib or bassinet for more than a few minutes (but on the bathroom floor while mom is taking a shower is ok), or being held while you are sitting down. The fact that she does not like riding in the car is very hard for me and I am trying everything I can to not have a screaming baby during car rides. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

She sleeps fairly well at night, usually giving me about 4-5 hours of sleep, wakes up and eats, and then sleeps another 2-3. Some nights she probably doesn't even bother Floyd.

She doesn't do many tricks yet. She can scoot/wiggle 180 degrees when she is on the floor on her belly. She almost rolled over once but then got frustrated and started crying.

I've had a lot of fun making baby carriers - slings, pouches and wraps. I've also made some more pretty fancy diapers, but I'm not very good at it and mine tend to leak. Oops. I'm going to give it one or two more trys and if I can't figure it out I'm going to quit!

That is about it. I start going back to work next week so hopefully Selena will enjoy helping me write software.

Go here to see pictures of our beautiful girl. http://laurasweb.servehttp.com/selena

No comments: