The past month has been busy trying to sell our house and look for a new one. The unfortunate side effect of this is that Selena has been less able to cook and paint because it is messy. But we've been taking more trips to Nana's and Papa's and to Grandma and Grandpa's. We went to the zoo a couple times and to the spring fair.
A few months ago I declared success in the potty department, but then after 2 1/2 months she started having accidents once a day again. That lasted about two months and now we're back to no accidents. She also decided to start wearing underwear at night. I bought her some new undies and there were stars on them and she declared them good night undies and wanted to wear them to bed. But I do have to be diligent about reminding her to go first thing in the morning and in the evening if she hasn't gone in a while.
Selena's comments and observations of the world:
- Allie is messy like Papa. When I was a baby I was messy like Papa too.
- Selena says that Allie is going to the baby village when she tries to escape upstairs.
- I say, "Nobody's perfect." Selena replies, "Mama your perfect"
- We are looking at new houses and Selena says she doesn't want to move because she likes the carpet in this house. When we look at pictures of new houses she would point out one and say, "I like that one, it has nice carpet"
- Curious George is one silly monkey.
- My socks aren't in good order. Can you fix them?
- "Why is daddy driving?", "He's a better driver." "Why?" "Because he has better eyes than me and can see better than me in the dark." "Hmm. Maybe green eyes are better than brown eyes."
- Me and my mom were snuggling on the couch and Selena comes up and says, "Look two mamas."
- Floyd fell off a ladder painting the house. Selena said he forgot to switch tail for balance. (This phrase comes from the book High-Wire Henry)
- She is always climbing, but if you tell her she is being a monkey she says, "I'm not a monkey. I'm a cat."
- Oooh Allie is the cutest baby.
- Mama you are a mama and you don't know better. (She got this from me telling her that Allie is a baby and doesn't know better, except somehow she has applied it to me)