Monday, December 13, 2010

Cutout Sugar Cookie Recipe

This is a Tea Cookie recipe my mother gave me.  Unfortunately she gave me her only copy of the recipe so when we went to make Christmas cookies at her house we didn't have the recipe.  So I decided to post it here, so it will be available no matter where we are making cookies (granted internet is available).  I like the recipe because it doesn't require extensive planning (no chilling the dough in the fridge), is made with butter, is easily halved or even quartered.

Tea Cookie Recipe (Makes 12 dozen)

1 cup of soft butter
2 cups of sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp of cream
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of vanilla
6 cups of flour

  1. Mix ingredients
  2. Roll out dough
  3. Cut out cookies.


Preheat oven to 400 degrees and cook for 5-7 minutes.

No comments: