Friday, November 10, 2006

Crochet Wool Diaper Covers


What I am making for the baby

So I am really excited for the baby to come and I think to fulfill my nesting instinct I feel the need to make stuff (this website included). So one of the things I have done is to crochet a Tickle Turdle Wool Diaper Cover. Now I have no idea if these covers are any good, but they only take a few hours to make so it is a good project for me since I don't have a lot of patience.




So I found this website that has videos of crochet stitches. Since basically all I knew how to do was a single crochet, this way I was able to figure out how to do the front post and back post stiches. I had tried looking at some diagrams but those were hopeless. I love the internet. You can learn how to do anything!




Since I don't have a real baby to try it on I had to put it on a stuffed animal (see picture). So I have made two so far. A size small and an x-small. The x-small may end up being too small, but oh well its really cute. Next I'm going to try crocheting a hat. I still have my quilt I'm working on. But my sewing machine keeps jamming so its kind of frustrating me.

No comments: