Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 In Review and 2010 Goals

2009 was a pretty good year.  I quit my job and had a baby.  I have made huge improvements in my ability to cook.  I learned how to bake bread and make ice cream.  I have made significant progress in eliminating processed foods from my diet.  I wasn't able to sew as much as I would have liked the last half of the year but I did make some great soft structured baby carriers and some nice maternity shirts.  I read 52 books this year, which I find amazing, because I honestly didn't feel like I had much time to read.  I read a lot about gardening and attempted a small container garden that was a little bit successful.  I didn't run much, but enough that I'm not so that I can still run a few miles without it being too difficult. 

For 2010 my main goal is to make an attitude adjustment.  I have been feeling grumpy, frustrated and stressed often.  It is mostly small things that get to me--taking an hour to get out the door, not having any time to myself, the house always being a mess despite feeling like I am constantly cleaning, being pulled in different directions all at once, not getting enough sleep.  So for 2010 I am going to try and put things in perspective and simplify. I want to enjoy the time I spend with my family.  If I get sometime to myself great, but I want to stop dwelling on what I would rather be doing and enjoy what I am doing.  It doesn't matter how long it takes us to get out of the house, and it doesn't matter if the house is not clean.  I'll do my best to get as much as I can done, but my best won't every be perfect, and that is ok.  This is going to be a hard goal.  Not getting decent sleep makes it hard to be in a good mood, but I am going to try. 

There are some things I'd like to do in 2010, but if I don't get to them it is fine.  I'd like to keep working on eliminating processed foods.  I'm going to work on reducing my sugar intake and contemplate eliminating sugar (except right now I can't possibly imagine life without ice cream).  I'm going to work on getting Selena to eat more variety.  I'd love to sew a pair of pants that look good and fit.  I want to do a vegetable and fruit garden.  I'd like to read at least 50 books again.  I want to run some more, and possibly do a half marathon (very slight possibility). 

Happy New Year!

No comments: