Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Homemade Soup = Pure Luxury

For the past year I've been making various soups from New England Soup Factory Cookbook: More Than 100 Recipes from the Nation's Best Purveyor of Fine Soup


and have decided that a bowl of homemade soup, with some slices of homemade bread, with homemade ice cream for dessert is the epitome of luxury.

I've probably made at least 20 different soups from this cookbook and almost all of them have turned out good. Generally I don't make homemade stock and just use Swanson free range chicken broth, but lately I've been making homemade stock more often. My favorite recipes are the Cauliflower, Potato, and Cheese Soup and the Sausage Minestrone (couldn't find an online recipe). The soups usually take about an hour and half to make (only about 30 minutes of that is active though)but I think they are worth it. I try to make at least one soup a week and then I put the leftovers in mason jars. Some go in the fridge and some go in the freezer. 

4 comments:

Cheris said...

omg.. that looks SO good!!

Anonymous said...

I have also tried many of the soups and they are really good.

Unknown said...

your blog is really cool. i really like what you are doing here. it is a personal journal, but is actually useful to others - not a 'hey look at me' kinda blog. your writing is improving too.

love,

dad

Anonymous said...

thanks for the recipes (hopefully the library has the book),I love homemade soup too.

Stacie