Minimally Sweetened Fresh Mint Strawberry Ice Cream
* Start this in the morning if you want the ice cream in the evening
* This makes about 5-6 generous servings which is about 12-14.5 grams of sugar per serving
1 lb of strawberries
1/2 cup of evaporated cane juice (3/4 cup if you want fully sweetened)
fist full of mint leaves
1 cup whole milk
2 cups of cream
- Warm the milk and 1 cup of cream on the stove. Remove from heat, put the mint leaves in and cover. Let them seep for a couple hours
- Hull and chop the strawberries and put them in a bowl. Mix the evaporated cane juice in and let them sit for a couple hours.
- Pull out the mint leaves and press them through a strainer back into the milk to squeeze out all their mintiness.
- Put the strawberries, minty milk, and cream in a blender and blend. It is up to you how much you want to chop up the strawberries.
- Put the mixture in the fridge for a few hours.
- Pour it into your ice cream maker following your machine's directions.
- Eat it!
For more ice cream making tips see my previous post.