Monday, February 27, 2012

First Stop - Eugene

It took us all day to pack.  I remember as a girl, going on vacation with my neighbors, and thinking that they took so long to pack, and how in the world could it take them so long?  Now I know and understand.  I am sorry Cliff and Laurie for not understanding.  Now I know.

We left our house around 7:30pm.  It was very cold, rainy and windy.  The RV was getting blown all over the road and it was a bit scary.  We got to Eugene around 3am.  We were planning to park at the Valley River mall per information via the internet.  I was a bit paranoid that we weren’t supposed to be there, but the mall security guard didn’t bother us.  However, when I awoke in the morning I did find a sign that said no overnight parking.  Oops.  It was very loud there due to the train, a bus, a street cleaner and a landscaper all making lots of noise. 



The girls were excited to finally start our trip.  Selena was super excited to ride in the RV.  They both went to bed easily, but woke up way too early the next day.  The weather was already noticeably warmer and the mall was in a nice location right next to the river. The girls and I ate walked to Marie Calendars for breakfast while we let Floyd try to sleep a bit longer.

I met an online friend in the late morning and she took me up to the Ridgeline trail where we did an 8.5 mile run up to the top of Spencer Butte.  It was a hard run, but the view from the top was amazing.  It was so much fun to meet a friend that I have talked to a lot online, but had never met in person.  Unfortunately we were unable to get the kids together because we had to head on out.

No comments: